Sr. Associate-R&D Informatics, Library Operations
Thousand Oaks, CA
Posted 1 month ago
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. The Amgen Library Operations Sr. Associate will report to the Amgen Library Director and will be part of the R&D Informatics organization, which is focused on delivering digital, data, and technology solutions and products to help achieve Amgen's R&D vision to benefit patients and societies through transformative medicines. The Amgen Library enables data-driven decision-making and analytics across functions by licensing and managing external content and platforms, including scientific journals and databases, patent databases, electronic books, industry news, and externally licensed data for global Amgen staff.
The Sr. Associate, Amgen Library Operations will play a key role within the Amgen Library team, ensuring staff have seamless access to content tools, ensuring optimal systems configuration, managing budgets and contracts payments, and addressing end user questions and training needs on content platforms.
- Execute on efforts to streamline and modernize the Library Service at Amgen
- Assist in managing relationships with 75 external content publishers and suppliers
- Handle end user question escalations from the Library Customer Service Center
- Ensure Amgen staff and contractors have access to content, assure end to end service is
operating, and coordinate with suppliers as needed to resolve access issues
- Monitor Amgen's Information Delivery Service and document delivery service supplier and ensure service level agreements are met
- Execute platform upgrades
- Partner with Digital, Technology, and Innovation (DTI) staff to ensure compliance and resiliency of Amgen Library platforms and systems
- Assist Information Delivery Supplier in gathering and normalizing platform usage metrics from publishers and feedback from end users to inform decision making
- Partner with subscription agent and Amgen payment center to ensure all external content renewal agreements are completed, purchase orders created, and invoices paid
- Coordinate training events on supplier platforms and vendor demos with Amgen staff and contractors
- Be a role model for Amgen values
Master's degree and 1 year Library and Information Science experience
Bachelor's degree and 3 years of Library and Information Science experience
Associate's degree and 5 years of Library and Information Science experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Library and Information Science experience
- Academic study in Library and Information Sciences
- Experience working in a Corporate Library, preferably in the Life Sciences industry
- Experience with STM publishers and suppliers including scientific journals, patents, eBooks, databases, and news platforms such as American Chemical Society, Clarivate Analytics, Copyright Clearance Center, CAS, Elsevier, Informa, Springer, Wiley, Wolters Kluwer, etc.
- Experience with external content contracts
- Experience with invoicing and payment systems
- Strong communication skills
- Experience delivering end-user training on STM content platforms
- Attention to detail
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Clear and disciplined strategic vision for the future that leverages superior-quality products, operational excellence, and top-shelf-talent
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission – to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment, and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.