Network System Support
Swedish Covenant Hospital
Posted 60+ days ago
The NSS is required to possess knowledge of Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) concepts and related hardware and software. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working with technologies such as Cisco switches, Cisco routers, Cisco FW, Cisco wireless access points and controllers. Must be able to work with various network management software tools, network protocols like TCP/IP and the ability to track and trace complex problems using his certification skill set. Must exhibit a strong understanding of LAN concepts such as trunking, spanning tree, layer 3 switching, and understand how virtualization is rapidly changing the landscape in the data center.
- Must be familiar with Cisco IOS configuration and troubleshooting across multiple platforms, including: Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and wireless access points.
- Knowledge in networking protocols and codecs to include: TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, RTP, RTCP, VRRP, MGCP, OSPF and SIP.
- Proficient in hardware management tools that include Cisco ACS, Sophos (XG, Enterprise Console, Central), Virtualization (VMware, VCenter), VEEM, Bridgehead
- Working knowledge of a variety of storage systems, including but not limited to HP Nimble, NetAPP, Cisco UCS
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate to various levels of management.
- Can work as a contributing team member on cross-functional teams
- Ability to adapt with technologies to meet changing business processes and environments.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management.
- Can perform troubleshooting tasks to resolve complex network problems.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt.
- Ability to explain and escalate unresolved problems or questions.
- 7x24 hour availability by mobile phone, and occasional on-call support.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be proactive and able to work with little or no supervision.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide software support, troubleshooting and maintenance service for the institutions existing information systems technical LAN environment including, but not limited to:
- LAN/WAN administration, topology, software and hardware.
- Meditech technical operations and network administration.
Using detailed engineering guidelines to perform on-site preventative maintenance, routine repair and advanced configuration of wide area and local area networking products.
- Provide Hardware support on multiple storage platforms (HP Nimble, NetAPP, and Cisco UCS).
LUN creation, assignments and reallocation of space
- Provide desktop software support, troubleshooting and maintenance service for the institutions technical environment of PC software technology including, but not limited to:
- Provide support for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Provide support for Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft Access applications.
- Coordinate and facilitate responsibilities, including:
- Assist in the in maintaining a project schedule and implementation plan.
- Ensuring that open communication is maintained with all resources affiliated with the project, including providing timely projects status reports to the AVP and other appropriate information systems personnel.
Researching and troubleshooting all technical problems and when necessary, reporting to and following up with vendor resources for timely resolution.
- Assists in the new system installations, including:
- Facilitating and/or executing pre-site planning.
- Patch network wiring installation.
PC configuration including software installation and post installation testing.
- General support responsibilities include:
- Providing recommendations for technical issue resolution and system configurations assistance to the AVP.
- Providing technical assistance and project management support for the Applications Group.
Maintaining timely communication to other team members and the AVP to facilitate high quality support.
- Maintains expert knowledge of mid-range, mini, micro computers, networks, peripheral devices, communication systems and personal computers, by:
- Attending appropriate conferences, classes and workshops.
Reading related journals, magazines and books.
- General Departmental Responsibilities:
- Updating departments call/project tracking system on a timely basis.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, by phone and pager, to provide technical support for department personnel.
- Participates in department meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by AVP or the CIO of Information Systems.
Access to Protected Health Information
Computer system access is assigned based on manager's access level request and on the minimum necessary access as described in this job description. Approval for level of access is given by the system administrator or manager of the department that has ownership of system/module. See Computer system Access controls policy.
Your current Position Title letter designator is "H". Which states you have full access rights to the following information: Patient Names, Demographic, Financial, Clinical, and Technical Support.
QUALIFICATION/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Education: Four year computer science degree is preferred or equivalent experience required.
Experience: Four years of experience supporting and managing a Cisco LAN/Wan environment.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Ability to work independently and resourcefully and communicate effectively with all levels of institution and vendor personnel.
- Primary body position at work is sitting.
- Frequent lifting, carrying or moving of information systems equipment or supplies under 50lbs.
- Repetitive activities are; typing, phone use and viewing of video display devices.
- Exposure to noise from the HVAC and computer equipment in the computer room.