Northside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art, and continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our patients and communities creates even more opportunity for the best healthcare professionals in Atlanta and beyond. Discover all the possibilities of a career at Northside today.
Processes live birth certificates, fetal death certificates, neonatal death certificates, and maintains birth and abortion logs. The duties of this position require the exercise of courtesy and professionalism in dealing with H.I.S. internal and external customers
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visits patients daily to explain procedures for filling out birth certificates.
- Ensures proper completion of birth certificate worksheet and transcribes information into Electronic Birth Certificate System according to vital statutes.
- Returns or mails confirmation letter to patient before or after discharge.
- Prints original copies of birth certificates and verifies completeness of information using parent's medical records to supply missing information.
- Obtains physicians signatures and other physician determined information where required.
- Records newborn name in hospital's birth register and the Master Patient File Index.
- Mails original copies of birth certificate to Fulton County Health Department and Bureau of Vital Statistics.
- Handles calls and inquires regarding information on birth certificates and related issues.
- Maintains death log and makes bi-weekly reports to the state vital records unit.
- Performs miscellaneous routine clerical duties including maintaining logs and files, posting and transcribing information from one document to another.
- Provides information to the patient (or newborn's parent) on obtaining social security number, certified copies of the birth certificate, and membership in the Northside Baby Club.
- Orders birth certificate and stillbirth worksheets and forms and social security forms from appropriate state offices. Secures information and processes "still birth" certificates including therapeutic cases.
- Ensures proper completion of paternity acknowledgments according to Georgia State Law
- One (1) year experience in a general clerical or customer service related field.
- Data entry skills.
- Ability to understand basic medical terminology.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- One (1) year experience in a medical record department.
- Knowledge of electronic birth systems.
- Associate degree in a public relations field.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.